Top 10 Live-Action Pet Movies to Watch!
Are you a pet lover and can’t get enough of seeing them on screen? Here are some all time favourite live-action pet movies you HAVE to watch with the whole family!
Check out our favourites:
- Marley and Me: A couple adopts an unruly lab puppy. As the family grows bigger so does the dog and can’t keep himself from getting into more and more trouble!
- Rescued by Ruby: A movie adaptation of a true story of a shelter pup who gets trained by her new owner to join the K-9 unit and helps the team with their cases!
- Benji: A stray dog meets a boy on the street and grows to be his friend. Benji protects his new friend and his sister from danger when they stumble into it in a gripping tale!
- Beethoven: A small St. Bernard puppy gets adopted by a family and grows into a huge majestic dog in his new home. He is in danger by a plot carried out by the veterinarian and his assistants.
- Marmaduke: A comedy movie about a Great Dane named Marmaduke and his best friend, a Balinese cat named Carlos as they move from Kansas to California.
- A dog's way home: Bella embarks on a 400-mile journey across Colorado to be reunited with her owner and she learns many things about survival on her journey. On her way in search of Lucas, Bella crosses paths with an orphaned mountain lion cub, a veteran and some friendly strangers.
- Air Bud: A circus dog who runs away from his master stumbles upon a young boy who loves basketball. Buddy the dog bonds with the boy and becomes a basketball star himself and joins the highschool basketball team. The many sequels are about Buddy and his mate - Molly's puppies and the adventures they embark on!
- 8 Below: A team of 8 huskies get left behind in Alaska during a snowstorm as their team is forced to evacuate. The dogs spend months fighting to survive as their sled team owner tries to find a way to go back and rescue his dogs.
- Togo: A true story set in the winter of 1925 of champion dogsled trainer Leonhard Seppala and his lead sled dog, Togo who journey days to Nome and back. An epidemic killing the children needed a sled team to transport the medicine in the harsh conditions and Togo and his team embarked on the dangerous journey.
- Hachiko: Based on a true story of a professor who forms a bond with an akita puppy at a train station. He takes the pup home and teaches him to fetch and be a pet dog but Hachi has one special thing about him! He couldn't be away from his master and went to the train station every evening to wait for the train. One day the professor has a cardiac arrest and dies and poor Hachi is seen standing and waiting for his master to come home. There is even a statue erected in honor of the loyal Akita dog outside Tokyo’s Shibuya Station in Japan.
Enjoyed this post but prefer animated movies? Check out our next blog for animated pet movies!